Tuesday 24 May 2011

Today was a great day

<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-AU X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

You know how you have ‘good’ days. They feel great, good stuff happens and at the end of the day you have that realisation that you have just had a good day.

It’s so simple but it really doesn’t happen all that often. I think for most of us, the day meld together in a gloop of ordinariness and there is little to distinguish them. That’s why it’s so hard to express to friends we haven’t spoken in a while what we’ve been up to. Not much. Because all the good stuff that happens is usually the little things you’d only bother to tell your partner and good friends about.

Well, today, I had a good day. And the good things, in chronological order were:

  1. I saw my boyfriend on the train on the way to work.
  2. I had a pretzel or second breakfast to celebrate the impending item 3...
  3. I accepted a great new job with the blessing of my current bosses.
  4. I completed my German homework before going to class, thus avoiding embarrassing myself.
  5. When I got to UQ for my German class, a guy who was just leaving gave me his all-day parking ticket, thus saving me $3 and improving his karma.

So only one big thing happened today, but it was a great day. And if I’m honest, items 1 and 5 were really the best bits.

The only thing that would have made my day better would be this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...