Sunday 22 April 2012

Great time-wasting games on the internet




We all know how super-excellent the internet is at wasting time. Really, how did we waste time before the net came along? Talking? Staring at space? Pff! But now we have the internet, and we have so many more creative, mind-sapping ways to kill 10 minutes.

However, this is not a blog-ode to the near infinite ways to waste time online. Rather, I am merely intended to pay homage to a few online games – innocent, easy, free – that have given me so many wonderful pointless hours.

Firstly, a classic, from my high school days: Smite Thee! Protect your believers and smite al non-believers in your other life as Zeus, mightiest of all the gods!


Lunchtimers: 'magnetic' fridge letters. What is great about this one is that you are battling all other online players for possession of the letters.

Free Rice: This is a bit of cheat because playing this game does have a point. Does the rice end up where it is supposed to be? I don't know. But I love the word trivia!


And finally, my latest fun game that inspired this blog: Where is the Pixel?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...