Tuesday 22 May 2012

1796 Foods


A blog review of another blog. Otherwise known as ‘Damn I wish I’d thought of that’.

Dear Jane put me on to this blog and I have a total love / hate relationship with it. It’s a really good blog that is good to read and has great pics and most importantly, a brilliant concept. I hate it because I did not think of that concept first. 
 
1796 Foods is one women’s journey through two different version of the same book; “1001 Foods To Eat Before You Die” Her aim is to eat every food or meal that is mentioned in the books. The reason there are 1796 of them and not 2002 is the deletion of duplicates. 
 
Banoffee Pie. Photo courtesy of 1796 Foods.

The photos are fun, the meals are usually interesting and reading through it makes you want to go out and have food adventures! Some of the foods are so simple – walnut oil, Waldorf salad, lemon meringue pie. Others are a little less known, such as this one:



 
"701. Porkolt Csirke
Porkolt csirke is basically what I’ve known as chicken paprikash - a Hungarian stew with chicken, peppers, tomatoes and paprika topped off with soured cream. It’s full of some of my favourite ingredients so I knew I was going to really enjoy it."
 - 1796 Foods

 Goats Butter. Photo courtesy of 1796 Foods.


Seriously, why did I not think of this? Now I'm going to go out and find goats butter.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this is Laura from 1796foods. I only just saw this. Thanks for the review, I'm glad you like the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy your blog. And such a great blogging idea. Though every time I look at it it makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...